Global Counsel is seeking a Senior Associate to support its growing Health and Life Sciences practice in either our London or Brussels office. The practice provides strategic policy and commercial consultancy for the pharmaceutical industry, health technology providers and a wide range of organisations across the health, social care and life sciences landscape. We help our clients by assessing political and regulatory risk and opportunities, engaging in the cutting edge of policy thought leadership and developing innovative approaches to strategic engagement.
The role can be based in our London or Brussels office; however, you must have the permanent right to work in the chosen office location. Remote work applications will be considered but are not preferred.
Who we’re looking for
We want people who are passionate about health and life science policy, adept at delving into the detail and building their own network of experts they can call on for insight. Curiosity and intellectual energy are vital to this role.
We are looking for people who write and speak with precision and flair. We also value people who work well with data and who can turn complex concepts into engaging visuals that aid understanding.
We are looking for someone with knowledge and experience of working with international institutions such as the World Health Organisation, the G7 and the G20; how these institutions develop positions and how they interact with each other; experience of working with health and life science stakeholders; a deeper knowledge of life sciences policy or health technology is also desirable. You should have at least four to seven years’ experience from a background such as the public sector, a national health system, politics, industry, think tanks or a public affairs agency.
Role and responsibilities
The Senior Associate role at GC combines direct research and project delivery with increasing responsibility for business development and cross-Global Counsel collaboration. Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering research, analysis and advice to clients on a wide range of health and life science political, regulatory and policy developments, in particular at the international institutional level;
- Managing day-to-day client relationships and deliverables for retained clients and for project work, marshalling GC’s wider resources and expertise;
- Producing original written content, including policy papers, published blogs, reports and marketing material, to build your own profile and that of Global Counsel;
- Supporting new business strategy by identifying and developing approaches to potential new clients and growing existing client relationships;
- Learning from the experts around you to expand and deepen your own understanding.
- Knowledge and expertise of healthcare policy and how policies are developed at the international level; a deeper knowledge of life sciences policy or health technology is desirable, but not essential.
- Extensive understanding of how the health industry works on an international institutional level is essential.
- Experience working in institutions such as the WHO and the UN more broadly, will be beneficial.
- Exemplary writing, research, and analytical skills, with substantial attention to detail.
- Project management experience and evidence of having delivered professional work to tight deadlines.
- Presentation skills, both in person and over digital software such as Zoom and MS Teams.
- Self-awareness and a strong commitment to professional and personal development.
- Commercial acumen and the ability to make inferences and draw conclusions about how politics and regulations affect businesses.
- Keen interest and ambition to grow in the healthcare policy and life sciences sector.
- Capable researcher and writer that enjoys working with minimal supervision.