Director – EU Tech Policy
Global Counsel is seeking a Director in our Tech, Media and Telecoms practice. This role is based in Brussels and designed for a senior consultant with the personal drive and commercial awareness to manage the needs of an exceptional portfolio of clients and develop an EU growth strategy for the practice.
While the successful candidate’s focus would predominantly be on the EU institutions and EU member states, the ideal candidate for this role would be a keen observer of and commentator on global trends in technology policy.
- Provide expert, strategic, actionable advice and thought leadership to GC clients on the risks and opportunities arising from policy, regulation and politics.
- Tailor advice to clients ranging from the C-suite to public policy teams across the tech, media and telecoms sectors.
- Ensure the successful delivery of client work that will include policy analysis, guidance on political brand strategies, the development of cutting edge thought leadership and innovative approaches to public policy engagement.
- Lead business development campaigns and pitch processes.
- Manage junior colleagues, providing support to a talented team in this practice area across our global offices.
- Build and maintain partnerships and relationships with a wider network of businesses, policymakers, trade bodies and other stakeholders at senior levels.
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge of digital policy and experience of navigating the EU political and legislative processes.
- A track record of effective team leadership and development.
- A background in public sector policymaking at the EU institutions and/or private sector public policy advice at a consultancy, corporate or trade association.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills in English. Competence in French or German is highly desirable.
- Technology, Media, Telecoms
An opportunity to work with world-class advisers and political experts in a fast-growing firm, alongside a strong professional development program including a personal training budget.
A competitive salary and bonus structure, a robust benefits package and opportunities to work from our offices across the world.
A commitment to work-life balance, with flexible working, 25 days holiday allowance plus public holidays, enhanced parental leave, discretionary winter holiday office closures, and sabbaticals.
Our commitment to diversity
We are committed to equal opportunities, respect and wellbeing for all staff and applicants for employment. We are committed to building a team that genuinely reflects the diversity of the places we work. We are committed to achieving a culture where there is regard for all and there is no place for discrimination and harassment of any type.
Our aim is for GC to be a company where all our colleagues have the opportunity to grow, develop, succeed and be their authentic selves whatever their sex, race, colour, class, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, redundancy, leaves of absence, salary and training.
About Global Counsel
Global Counsel brings together a team with diverse experience across the public and private sectors. Since our establishment in 2010 we have developed a wide range of services and capabilities for corporates and investors. Clients rely on us to help them anticipate regulatory and political change, to provide them with due diligence support and to build compelling, evidence-based campaigns to engage in policy debates.
Director – EU Tech Policy
Loading application form
Already working at Global Counsel?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.