Director, US Corporate Practice
Global Counsel seeks a Director, US Corporate Practice, to join its growing US-based team. This role will be based in Washington DC and will be focused on driving growth for GC’s US corporate advisory practice, while also advising GC’s existing clients on a variety of US policy-driven risks and opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in both the private sector (e.g., lobbying/advisory firm, trade association, or in-house government affairs/policy team) and federal government (e.g. Capitol Hill or presidential administration), along with a proven track record of business development.
- Drive commercial growth and coordinate business development campaigns for GC’s US corporate advisory practice
- Help develop and cultivate GC’s network of US-based corporate relationships, identify and pursue lead opportunities, and contribute to pitches and campaigns
- Provide expert strategic advice to GC’s clients on risks and opportunities arising from policy, regulatory, and political developments in the United States in a variety of policy portfolios
- Deliver exceptional client service and work product
- Build and maintain partnerships and relationships with a wide network of businesses, trade associations, policymakers, and other stakeholders
- Work and coordinate with a variety of teams and practices from across GC’s international offices to develop business and deliver for existing clients
- 10+ years of policy, regulatory, political, or similar experience in the private sector and/or federal government (e.g. lobbying/advisory firm, trade association, in-house government affairs/policy team, Capitol Hill, presidential administration)
- Demonstrable experience developing business (e.g. at a multi-client lobbying firm)
- Desire to provide exceptional service and advice to GC’s clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- US Policy
- Washington, DC
An opportunity to work with world-class advisers and political experts in a fast-growing firm, alongside a strong professional development program including a personal training budget.
A competitive salary and bonus structure, a robust benefits package and opportunities to work from our offices across the world.
A commitment to work-life balance, with flexible working, 25 days holiday allowance plus public holidays, enhanced parental leave, discretionary winter holiday office closures, and sabbaticals.
Our commitment to diversity
We are committed to equal opportunities, respect and wellbeing for all staff and applicants for employment. We are committed to building a team that genuinely reflects the diversity of the places we work. We are committed to achieving a culture where there is regard for all and there is no place for discrimination and harassment of any type.
Our aim is for GC to be a company where all our colleagues have the opportunity to grow, develop, succeed and be their authentic selves whatever their sex, race, colour, class, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, redundancy, leaves of absence, salary and training.
About Global Counsel
Global Counsel brings together a team with diverse experience across the public and private sectors. Since our establishment in 2010 we have developed a wide range of services and capabilities for corporates and investors. Clients rely on us to help them anticipate regulatory and political change, to provide them with due diligence support and to build compelling, evidence-based campaigns to engage in policy debates.
Director, US Corporate Practice
Loading application form
Already working at Global Counsel?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.