We are seeking a Practice Director to lead our Health and Life Sciences practice. This role is based in London and manages a team of policy consultants across GC’s five global offices. This role is designed for a senior consultant with the personal drive and commercial awareness to manage the needs of an exceptional portfolio of current clients and develop and implement a growth strategy for the practice. While the bulk of the current Health and Life Sciences client portfolio is UK-focused, the ideal candidate for this role would be a keen observer of global trends and be expected to provide advice for a growing client base in the EU, US and Asia on policy-driven risks and opportunities across these markets.
- Provide expert, strategic, actionable advice and thought leadership to GC clients on the risks and opportunities arising from policy, regulation, and political crosswinds.
- Tailor that advice to clients ranging from the C-suite to public policy teams in the pharmaceutical industry, health technology industry and a wide range of organisations across the health, social care, and life sciences landscape.
- Ensure the successful delivery of client work that will include investor due diligence reports, monitoring and analysis on health and life sciences policy, the development of cutting edge thought leadership and innovative approaches to public policy engagement.
- Further develop and enhance our suite of products and services and develop new ways of promoting them to potential clients, as well as leading campaigns, pitch processes and securing new business while drawing on the full range of GC's capabilities.
- Manage a team of consultants, providing support to a talented team leading client work in this practice area across our global offices.
- Build and maintain partnerships and relationships with a wider network of businesses, policymakers, trade bodies and other stakeholders at senior levels.
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge and expertise of healthcare policy and how it is made with a demonstrated ability to track policy trends across the key global jurisdictions and an understanding of the interaction of politics with this policy area; a similar knowledge of social care policy is desirable but not essential.
- A track record of effective team leadership and development, ideally in a diverse multinational environment.
- The personal drive and commercial awareness to develop and execute a growth strategy, with strong support and resources from the wider team and external partners as needed.
- A background in public sector policymaking and/or private sector public policy advice, ideally from a consultancy, major corporate or trade body.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills in English. Competence in other European languages is highly desirable.
If you would like to discuss the role in advance of applying, please do not hesitate to contact Belma Ambrose on firstname.lastname@example.org.