We are seeking an Associate or Senior Associate in Business Development to join our growing team in Washington, DC working with investors on potential acquisitions across the tech, financial services, trade, education and healthcare sectors.
This is a new role ideal for someone with a deep interest in politics and policy, prior exposure to private equity and/or debt fund-raising, strong project management skills, and commercial acumen. Focused on coordinating business development campaigns, there is significant scope to shape the role and priorities you pursue, as well as the commercial strategy of Global Counsel’s work with investors in the US.
This is a full-time role based in our office in the heart of DC, with support for remote working as work responsibilities allow. Salary is competitive and dependent on experience.
You must have the right to work in the US.
- Support the US team’s engagement with a broad set of investors to assess the outlook for US policy. This will include arranging meetings, writing briefs, preparing presentations, trips, and tracking deal flow.
- Help develop and cultivate GC’s network of US-based investor relationships, identifying and pursuing lead opportunities, contributing to pitches and campaigns.
- Coordinate with GC’s global team of experts to identify cross-practice and cross-market opportunities, leveraging the company’s deep bench of sector and policy expertise globally.
- Produce written content and analysis in the form of deal notes, blogs and pitchbooks.
- Act as an active ambassador for Global Counsel at relevant industry events.
- The role would be a great fit for an individual with 2-4 years' experience at the Associate level or 4-6 years’ experience at the Senior Associate level working in a buy or sell side institution, sales or consulting looking to move into strategic advisory.
- Commercial acumen and the ability to make inferences and draw conclusions about how politics and regulations affect businesses. Prior exposure and knowledge to how private capital-raising decisions are made is a plus.
- Strong organisation and communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills in English.
- Self-awareness and a strong commitment to professional and personal development.
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills. Familiarity with HubSpot and Pitchbook a plus.